As a homeowner in Naples, you're likely always looking for ways to improve your property and maximize its value. Whether you're planning to sell your home in the near future or simply want to make it a more comfortable and enjoyable space for you and your family, investing in home improvements is always a smart move.
With that said, not all home improvements provide the same return on investment. In this article, let’s take a closer look at some of the best home improvement projects for the highest return on investment. That way, you can get the most out of your money and time.
Maximizing your home's value
Kitchen renovation: Make a statement with new upgrades
A remodeling impact report by the National Association of Realtors found that kitchen renovations have an average ROI of 67%. These projects might include:
- Upgrading to high-end appliances, such as a French door refrigerator or gas range
- Installing new countertops, such as granite or quartz
- Refacing or repainting the cabinets for a fresh, modern look
- Adding a kitchen island for additional countertop and storage space
- Installing new lighting fixtures, such as pendant lights or under-cabinet lighting
Bathroom upgrades: A high ROI renovation
- Installing a new vanity with a granite or quartz countertop
- Replacing outdated fixtures, such as faucets and showerheads
- Adding new lighting fixtures, such as sconces or recessed lighting
- Installing a new bathtub or shower with modern tile and glass doors
- Replacing old flooring with new tile or vinyl plank flooring
Outdoor living spaces and landscaping: Enhance your home’s appeal
- Adding a screened-in porch or lanai for bug-free outdoor living
- Installing a pool or hot tub for year-round enjoyment
- Creating an outdoor kitchen with a grill and sink
- Adding outdoor lighting for ambiance
- Updating the landscaping with gorgeous, native Florida plants and trees
Energy-efficient upgrades: Save money and increase your investment
- Installing a programmable thermostat to save on heating and cooling costs
- Upgrading to energy-efficient windows and doors to improve insulation
- Adding insulation to walls and attics to reduce energy usage
- Replacing old appliances with energy-efficient models
- Installing solar panels to generate your own electricity
Home technology upgrades: Make your home stand out from the crowd
- Installing a smart thermostat that can be controlled from your phone
- Installing a smart home speaker system for music and voice control
- Setting up smart lighting systems
- Installing a video doorbell
Attic-bedroom conversion: Extra space with a high ROI
Before starting the conversion, it's important to ensure that your attic is suitable for a bedroom. You must have proper insulation, ventilation, and electrical wiring installed to make the space livable. Also, consider the layout and design of the room, including the placement of windows, closets, and lighting.
Once the conversion is complete, you can enjoy the benefits of an extra space full of possibilities. This will not only increase the value of your property, but it will also provide a comfortable and functional space for your family and guests.
Hiring a professional for home improvements
Choosing the best renovation for a high return on investment
When you’re ready to start planning your next home improvement project, reach out to trusted REALTOR® Greg Gorman at Think Naples. With a strong background in interior design and expert insight into the housing market, Greg is ready to help you explore all the possibilities and work toward a winning sale.
*Header photo courtesy of Shutterstock